Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekly Update

Another week has finished and I finally have some verifiable results. I have ported various portions of the Goldfish hardware as well as the "android_arm" machine, and have managed to get output from the kernel routed to stdio. This will be incredibly useful for debugging purposes going forward. The changes are available on github with commit 1416f1a41bdfc813edd88bcd2b62b85ceae3d6ec (Link), which makes some necessary bugfixes to get the android_arm machine running.

The command line options necessary to view the kernel output are "-append "console=ttyS0" -serial stdio -M android_arm". Selecting the android_arm machine is necessary as it is not set as the default.

Compiler Warnings
As of this moment, the code I've merged generates several compiler warnings. As such, compilation needs to be done with -Werror disabled. They don't affect anything so I haven't been concerned about them yet, but I'll push some bugfixes soon to get rid of them soon, before it becomes a problem. EDIT: All fixed.

Moving Forward
Now that I have a better understanding of what's necessary for this project, my initial proposed schedule needs to be revised. I'm currently planning to focus on merging the rest of the Goldfish hardware next, but I will be posting a new schedule soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment